This month is about talking about a subject close to our hearts : our boobs 😊
Whatever your age, it is vital to keep on looking at your body and giving it the attention it deserves. Here are some facts to prove the importance of checking your boobs at least once a month.
IN THE UK
- 1 in 7 women will be affected by breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Around 400 men are diagnosed every year.
- Around 2,300 women are diagnosed aged 39 or under.
- In females aged 25-49, breast cancer is the most common cancer, accounting for more than 4 in 10 (44%) of all cases in 2014-2016.
REASONS YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR BOOBS
- You are never too young to start taking up good habits
- Breast screening is great but limited. In the UK, women will only be invited to routine breast screening from the age of 47-50 years old, which takes place every 3 years.
- It isn’t always heriditary, less than 10% of people diagnosed with breast cancer are caused by a family history. Most people who are diagnosed are simply unlucky and there is no specific reason why they have the disease.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS EXPLAINED BY COPPAFEEL
Gossard has teamed up with Copppafeel to raise awareness and be supportive of the cause. Your doctor is the only person who can refer you for further examination so we encourage people to visit their doctor after a week of monitoring their symptoms if it does not go away.
A GENTLE REMINDER
All of our bras have a reminder label to check your boobs on a regular basis. As easy as putting your bra on every morning, this tag gently reminds you of the importance of looking after yourself and taking the time to check for any changes.